Conclusions

 

Creating an educational blog about identifying pronunciation errors has been a very enriching experience. The process involved researching pronunciation errors, then analyzing them to select the four most common ones and structure the information. It was truly an interesting assignment because I had the opportunity to identify pronunciation errors, but also to learn the reasons why Spanish speakers mispronounce some words.

During the blog creation process, I practiced the correct selection of information and exercises so that the structure would be coherent and functional, with each exercise helping to practice and correct those errors. I enjoyed the experience of combining theory with practice, so I hope to have the opportunity to teach my future students in this way. -Sayra Alvarado


The early identification of errors when teaching a language is crucial. Errors can become fossilized in students of any age and can affect their long journey of learning a language. Being a native Spanish speaker makes it easier for us to identify these errors, we already expect them as we also made them throughout our journey of acquisition of a second language. 

The creation of this blog enriched my knowledge about errors that Native Spanish Speakers made when acquiring English a second language. I was able to identify the principal cause of these errors and the proper way of correcting them. The selection of the proper exercises was challenging because I had to make sure that I was able to do them, understand them, and improve my pronunciation, so I know they will be suitable for the objective I have with my students and that they will also be able to do them. - Gloria Raudales


Throughout this project, I learned how important it is to identify specific pronunciation errors and understand why they occur in Spanish speakers. I realized that effective error detection requires paying attention not only to the sound itself but also to how students physically produce it, such as noticing whether their throat vibrates or not. Designing different types of exercises so students can practice is a good way to support them. Applying these exercises in dynamic and varied ways helps students feel more motivated to learn about the errors they make when pronouncing certain words. As a future teacher, it taught me to design exercises that are clear, practical, and connected to the real difficulties that students might have.

I also learned a lot from analyzing the common mistakes Spanish speakers make with the /s/ and /z/ sounds. By doing these exercises, I also learned new things to improve my own pronunciation, and I believe they will be useful for many students as well. One of the strengths of this project was how creative the process became; creating oral repetitions and physical techniques made the learning experience more engaging. I enjoyed creating the exercises because, while I was writing, I was practicing as well.

Identifying errors required listening and research of many words. And I also decided to add some tips at the end so students can have a better idea of the difference between the sound of S and Z.  Designing exercises also took time, especially when trying to keep them simple but at the same time a little dynamic. However, these difficulties helped me think more critically and creatively as a future teacher. -Rebeca Vargas

 

Knowing about pronunciation errors in English made me realize that learning a language is very complex. It is not just about learning a word and saying it, it involves understanding spelling, sounds, and meaning. As learners, we often mispronounce words because of the limited English input we receive. These mistakes can be improved, though. Doing this blog made me reflect on my own pronunciation and recognize areas I need to improve. Before I teach others, I must improve first my pronunciation. As a future teacher, I will let my students know that learning English is rewarding, but it also has its difficulties. 

Investigating Spanish speakers’ pronunciation errors gave me insights into what I struggle with when speaking English. One strength of this project is that, although I can not have native pronunciation I can reach intelligibility. However, good pronunciation requires constant practice. Designing the exercises was challenging, since I had to identify common errors and create activities suitable for everyone. Despite these difficulties, I think the exercises are effective and will help learners who have problems pronouncing these words. - Edson Palma


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Did I hear seat or sit?

Speak Clearly: When Does S Sound Like Z?

The problem with the "E": Is it estudent or student?